Go Back   Prebait Forums > Venues > Northern Ireland > Down

Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM

Had no idea this place was even still going. Someone reccomended it about 7 or 8 years ago, went to have a look and to be honest looked a bit arse.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 AM

Wink

lads i have 2 words for you PRIVATE MAIL!!!,they seem like good venues that you talking about but it would be a crying shame for the fish munching crowd to find them as a result of seeing them up on the fourm
Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 PM

i love willis caught my first tench in their which was 6 1/2 not bad for my firstie lol and since then ive done surpirisngly well, what always works for me is med feeder with decent mix with plenty of evrythign in it going from sweetcorn to chopped worms even ! and fish heavisih hooklink just incase one of the bad boys decide to jump for it and a size 8 hook with as many maggots as u can fit on it obviously the barb exposed lol sorted
Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 AM

i think hazlewood is a really good place to fish i would say its well up there as one off the best i been fishing for carp for over 20 years and you dont want to drop ya line in and get one you want to fight for it i have had carp out off hazlewood upto 20ld and i no thay are very shy and i was baiting a swim for 4 days when thay just went mad for it hazlewood is not for the novice so all you ones that are trying to put it down you really should take up golf or somethink lmao how you fished there for 2 hours and never had a pike is maddness i had 5 pike in one afternoon not massive 8ld 9ld but had a 17ld in the night and there is a monster in the big lake as i have seen it jump and it defo looks like a good 25ld and with all the small fish in there its not hard to think off it being big rudd are massive in this lake for some reason roch are small and can be a pain in the ass but use bigger baits and you get the better fish and the lake over the road your not allowed to fish soon as you get on there the farmer is over telling you to get off it so the way i see it if you want a challange and some were to make you think then hazlewood is a great place and can only see it getting better with time as the roch get bigger and make it more fun for the younger and more novice angler
Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 PM

Default Hazlewood Update

I found this to barely be a fishery in the sense that most would expect. Trash backside and an assortment of chairs, tabletops and other items thrown into the margins spoil what would otherwise be a fairly nice spot. The smaller of the two ponds seemed polluted and the larger yielded a stunted poorly conditioned roach at every cast. The sort of fishing a child might like but I soon tired of. The ponds seemed unmanaged to the point of neglect and I left pretty much within an hour. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Smile

i don't no how many years ago you fished it but its nothing like that anymore its well maintained and there is no pollution each to there one and all that but a plastic chair that had blown into the water hardly makes it polluted and spoilt

Tags
fishery, hazelwood