Go Back   Prebait Forums > Venues > Northern Ireland > Down

Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Default Illegal Fishing

What can we do as a group iof fishermen to stop this. There is a group of people who are consistently ignoring the rules, plundering our lakes and ponds for their own gain. If they are not stopped we will have nothing left. We have to act now. I have watched them use multiple rods, net waterways and take roach rudd, pike and any ducks or wildfowl they can get. No authority will act decisively against them. We must do something to stop it. We must report everything we see. We must record names or license plates or photographs and make the authorities act. I have had enough. The local ponds I fished that were a perfect spot for a hours fishing have jaut been totally slaughtered...... Does anyone else agree?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 AM

Yes its a joke but unless its brought in correctly into action in a way that makes it culturaly unacceptable to all not just anglers there will be no change. The fisheries board are out especially around cork but they cant be everywhere. I think it needs to be the kids that are thought the values of our natural resources and work from there for the future . Ive seen Irish anglers both young and old killing fish due to lack of experience an confidence as have I seen individuals of all nationalities catch for the plate.The rte programme "on the fly" didnt help the issue promoting pike as a good eating fish and went on to catch and cook two for the locals... Until stocks improve it should be c&r only
Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Default fishing

if you love your fishing so much do wat they do to the fish odds of getting caught are slim
Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM

Unhappy chancers

hi anglers i have to say tht thay are ruining are rivers and lakes onley last week i was fishing my local canal when i see a line going from one side of canal to the outer i wold not knowing only i was jus on a nice teach and i had to play her a wee bit as i was walking to get her away from the weeds she and my float started to drag it was then i lost her cuse i found out that line that was on bout side of canal had 3 fish of different kind one was a parch a small jack and a roch the were after put a deadbait and i thk thay used worms on the outer to hook lines the must of been there over night as the were tired out from trying to get of the hook lines i wat over and cut far line thn i got thm of hook lines i tryed to keep thm alive by easeing thm bk frm the keep net all 3 did not live it was a srry site to see y wold so one do tht some thing has to b do as its not fair on fish r the anglers how put a lot time an money to see tht kinda thg happen if tht line i came across how more were there on the canal ??
Old 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM

this shit again tony you don't even have a picture up and you are on here close to a year
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Default illegal

yes its a disgrace my local river has being ruined by people netting it and lots more and now there is no angling club here anymore because of it..its not fair on the people who pay the money for membership and then have the river ruined by poachers who are mostly foreign nationals