Go Back   Prebait Forums > Species > Chub

Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 PM

Oh how i feckin wish . Thing is bud they are not that great at it some years they don,t some they breed twice ( but thats exceptional) in any case apparently the ones they tested in the inny were some of the quickest growing in europe . They will always find a reasonable balance and don,t form huge shoals unlike roach. And best of all they feed like feck in even the hardest winters. They would be a shot in the arm for irish angling tourisim not to mention US. We can dream i suppose.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:00 AM

dreams can come true lol
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM

Default missin them bronzed autumn chubby lumps!!

had heard that they had been found here...
love chub an wouldnt complain if they started to show a little more often.

is there any more signs hat hey made any kinda numberss? or did they get stopped b4 they could establish?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Thumbs down no to the barbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyT View Post
I would love to see them in the Liffey with some barble, they would thrive there.
I know a lot of coarse anglers would like to see barbel in the rivers her but they eat an massive amount of spawn they ruined the coarse fishing on the severn for a long time and other rivers that they got into and barbel spawn is inedible to other fish so I wouldnt like to see them here.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 PM

chub and barbel both here
Old 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyp View Post
I know a lot of coarse anglers would like to see barbel in the rivers her but they eat an massive amount of spawn they ruined the coarse fishing on the severn for a long time and other rivers that they got into and barbel spawn is inedible to other fish so I wouldnt like to see them here.
must be a salmon angler
Old 10-15-2013, 10:56 PM

Default chub

I am a bit older than most on this site but the same was said about roach say 40 years ago but there was no internet then but it was discussed when you met someone out fishing which was rare but at the time people were talking about the problems these fish would cause in the future they would destroy all rivers an waterways in Ireland it has not happened and you never here a word about roach anymore carp are the same you here nothing about them and there introduction was also doom and gloom all these fish have added value to our tourism especially roach look at our fishing festivals catches made up off roach and hybrids the more the merrier I say and nature will look after it self it has so far it dealt with man and pollution so a few chub should be no prob nature has a good track record so roll on
Old 10-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Default You dont know how wrong you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by almon View Post
must be a salmon angler
Hi I dont fish for salmon or trout 90percent of my fishing is coarse I fished in the uk for years and know the damage they can do ,but as a fighting fish they are second to none ,chub are a great fish and would do very well in these waters even still waters.Nick